Brrrr! It’s getting to be that time of year again! It’s time to think about winterizing your sprinkler system. If you’re looking for a company in Minneapolis to winterize/blow out your sprinkler system, look no further. We can help get your sprinkler system shut off for the winter, and make sure it’s in good shape for the spring.
The 5 Ws
Are you wondering what needs to be done in terms of winterizing your irrigation system? Leave it to us! Here are the 5 Ws of sprinkler winterization:
- Who: Any home owner or business owner who has an irrigation system that was active this summer. If you had a sprinkler system running to keep your grass and landscape green, you qualify.
- What: They should have a professional company blow out and winterize their sprinkler system. It is important to have a professional handle the winterization of your irrigation system.
- When: Now is the time to have your irrigation system turned off. It is important to have them shut off before freezing temperature take over. Temperatures are getting cooler, and in some parts of Minnesota, they have already begun to see freeze watches.
- Where: Anywhere around the Twin Cities, like Minneapolis, St Paul, Andover, New Brighton, Shorewood, etc. Our company services the entire Twin Cities metro.
- Why: It is imperative you have your irrigation shut down properly, by a professional company. You risk damaging your system if procedures aren’t followed properly. The overall goal is to rid your irrigation system of water, so it doesn’t freeze and cause the pipes to burst. It’s important to not only cut off the water supply, but clear any water out lingering in your pipes.
Beyond this, when we come to shut off your irrigation system, we can perform a visual check. We can see if there was any damage done during the summer and make necessary repairs. This will help to make sure your system is in good shape come spring.
In need of a company to help winterize and blow out your irrigation system? Give us a call today at 763-780-7231 or contact us online.