When it is the dead of winter and a snowstorm hits, the last thing you want to do is leave the warmth and comfort of your home to make your way to your commercial property in order to shovel, plow and de-ice. Not only that, but if you don’t have the right equipment or technique, the job could end up taking you much longer than it should. These are two of the many reasons we recommend hiring a professional snow removal service in St Paul. Here are a few others.
- As mentioned, you might not have the right equipment for snow removal. Sure, you probably have a shovel or two, but do you have a snow plow and snow blower? Our snow removal service uses plows and snow blowers (as well as shovels and other tools) to quickly and safely remove snow, so hiring us means you will never have to worry about having the right tools to get rid of snow and ice.
- Commercial snow removal services like ours also know how to do the work safely. You don’t have to worry about being injured while shoveling sidewalks or falling while de-icing walkways. Our snow removal team will handle this work so you can stay safely indoors and not have to worry about falling and getting hurt.
- Over the long term, hiring a professional snow removal service could end up saving you money. You pay us our snow removal fee and you never have to worry about buying new snow removal equipment or making sure you have enough de-icer on hand for the next blizzard or ice storm.
- The most important advantage of professional snow removal? Peace of mind. You never have to worry about safely making your way to your commercial property. You never have to worry about doing any of the grunt work. And you never have to worry about what kind of mess your commercial property will be in after a severe snowfall. Our team will head to your business either during or right after a snow fall, and we will take care of the plowing, shoveling and de-icing. That way, you know it’s safe for you, your customers and your employees to travel in and out of your commercial property.
Are you interested in learning more about professional snow removal in St Paul? Call Classic Lawnscape at 763-780-7231, or you can contact us to get a Free Estimate.
While this hasn’t been the snowiest winter on record for us, we’ve still seen plenty of flakes. And with those flakes comes one of the most dreaded of winter chores: snow removal. Minneapolis business owners know they can trust us for all of their snow shoveling and plowing needs, so here are a few tips on how to safely shovel and remove snow at your home.
- Depending on how much snow falls, you might want to consider going out and shoveling every few hours after only a few inches of snow have fallen. It’s much easier to shovel 2 to 3 inches of snow than 2 feet of snow!
- Treat snow removal like you would any other type of exercise. Do some stretching before you start shoveling and wear breathable layers of clothing so you don’t overheat. Try to wear fabrics made out of cotton or silk. If you get too hot and start sweating, you could end up over-heating and becoming dehydrated.
- Make sure you wear good boots that will keep your feet warm and dry during the snow removal process. Along the same lines, make sure those boots have good traction as well so you are less likely to slip and fall.
- When shoveling, push the snow out of the way. Do not lift it. This will help save your back and other muscles from getting sore, and it is a much more effective way to remove snow from your sidewalk and driveway.
- Take breaks during the snow removal process as well. Make sure you drink water during those breaks, and listen to your body. If you feel that you need a break to go inside and rest, do so. The snow can wait!
- Keep an eye on and be aware of your surroundings, especially if you are shoveling near a busy road. Roads can definitely be icy after a snowfall, so you want to be sure you can quickly get out of the way if a passing car starts to slide near you.
- Keep your cell phone on you at all times too. That way, you can quickly call for help if something does come up or if you start to feel light-headed.
Do you want more information on professional snow removal in Minneapolis? Call us at Classic Lawnscape at 763-780-7231, or you can contact us to get a Free Estimate.
They say first impressions are everything, so it’s always important for your commercial property to look its best. It is a great way to gain new customers and it can impress potential new employees and many others. Your property’s landscape is what people tend to focus on, so you should always make sure it looks good. Through the years, we have helped countless business owners like you with landscape management at their Lino Lakes properties. Here are a few reasons you should consider hiring us too.
You need to spend money to make money, and some of your business’ budget should definitely go toward keeping up your property. While you might think that hiring a landscape management service is a waste of money, think about how much you might spend on gardening and landscaping products you don’t actually need.
For example, finding and applying the right type of fertilizer for your grass can be difficult, especially if you have no experience in this type of thing. But if you hire us, we have professionals on staff who have devoted a lot of time and energy into studying fertilizer, knowing what kind to use for your grass or plants and learning how to apply it properly. If you try this yourself, you might wind up buying the wrong kind or applying it incorrectly. And then you might have to spend even more money trying to undo the damage.
Landscape management companies also save you time. You no longer have to worry about mowing your grass, weeding, pruning or anything like that. You can leave it to us and spend that time focusing on your business or your personal life.
Along the same lines, you can save yourself a lot of physical labor too. Our landscape management technicians do this kind of work every day, and we know how hard it can be to mow the grass, pull weeds, lie down mulch and more. So you can leave the back-breaking labor to us, and we are happy to take care of it for you. And, again, this frees up your time and energy to run your business, keep your customers happy and have a personal life.
Are you interested in learning even more about landscape management services in Lino Lakes? Call Classic Lawnscape at 763-780-7231, or you can contact us to get a Free Estimate.
Your lawn irrigation system is important to the health and well being of your grass and landscaping. So you should definitely do what you can to make sure your system stays in good shape. This time of year, getting your irrigation system winterized is vital to keeping the system up and running. One of our specialties at Classic Lawnscape is lawn irrigation in Coon Rapids and the surrounding areas, so we thought we would talk about why winterizing your irrigation system is so important.
Sometimes, people think the only thing they need to do to winterize their lawn irrigation system is to turn off the water source. While this is one step of the winterization process, it is definitely not the only step. If you turn off the system’s water source, it will keep new water from getting into the system, but it does nothing to get rid of the water that is still in the system.
That is where the term “fall blow out” comes from. A blow out is when we take compressed air and blow all of the water out of your lawn irrigation system. The correct amount of air is vital: too much will damage the system and too little will not get all of the water out.
So we take the time to blow out your lawn irrigation system. We will also drain the system using the automatic or manual drain valves. The main valve will then be closed completely, and that will keep water from flowing into your irrigation system.
Why do we do all of this? In Minnesota, freezing temperatures are the norm during the winter months. That means the water in your lawn irrigation system will freeze and expand. When that ice expands, it will more than likely damage your lawn irrigation system. And that could lead to the need for expensive repairs in the spring time when you want to start using your lawn irrigation system again for the growing season.
When you contact us, we can give you even more reasons that winterizing your lawn irrigation system is a good idea. And then we can set up an appointment for us to come out and take care of that for you.
Do you want more information on lawn irrigation in Coon Rapids or the surrounding areas? Call Classic Lawnscape at 763-780-7231, or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.
As a lawn care company that installs and services lawn irrigation systems in Blaine and the surrounding areas, we realize that there are many different parts to these types of systems. So we thought we would take the time to define some of the most important parts of lawn irrigation systems so you can understand a bit more about them and how they work.
Sprinkler Controllers and Timers
These are probably one of the most important parts of lawn irrigation systems. They are the brains behind the operation, and they are what determine the water start and stop times. These controllers are programmable, and the watering beginning and end times are based on a few different factors: the type of plants in that particular zone, the type and quality of the soil, how much sun and shade that area gets on a daily basis and more.
Backflow Prevention Devices
Backflow prevention devices protect lawn irrigation systems’ water supplies from pollution and contamination. They are designed to be installed on potable water lines, and they protect against back-siphonage and back-pressure of the polluted water into the potable water supply. They can help protect against health hazards and other issues like that.
Weather and Flow Sensors
If you have ever wondered what happens with lawn irrigation systems when there is a large amount of rain, then you will be interested in learning about weather and flow sensors. These devices are what shut off the controllers based on the weather that is going on outside.
So if there has been a lot of rain in your area lately, the sensor will let the system know so your plants, trees, flowers and landscaping are not over-watered. They also sense other weather conditions besides rainfall, like high winds and other overflow conditions like that.
These components prevent dirt and other debris from getting sucked into pumps and causing damage and clogs. The screens can be made out of a few different types of materials like stainless steel or polyester. These are an important part of keeping lawn irrigation systems in good working order.
These are just a handful of the many parts that go into lawn irrigation systems. If you have any questions, you can always call us to find out more!
Are you interested in learning more about lawn irrigation systems in Blaine and the surrounding areas? Call Classic Lawnscape at 763-780-7231, or you can contact us to get on our schedule for a Free Estimate.